8.07.2010

Transparency

A new favorite show of mine is If You Really Knew Me on MTV. It's when hundreds of high school kids get together and show their true feelings. They are transparent, bold, confident, and honest. So...
If you really knew me, you'd know...

I love dresses.

I love painting my nails and straightening my hair.

I only wear make-up when I have to.

I would rather read a book than exercise.

I hate to cook.

I love to vacuum, do dishes, and do laundry.

I'm a peacemaker, and I confront my problems head on- I don't run from them.

my dream job is to be a stay-at-home mom; but if my family needs me to work, you better believe I will.

my future family is the only reason I'm in school.

my foot is in my mouth 70% of the time (figuratively, of course).

my primary love language is words of affirmation. I need to hear I like you, I love you, You are beautiful, You are smart, You make me happy, You are my best friend, regularly in order to really believe it.

my secondary love language is quality time. Not quantity time- consistent, quality time.

if I'm upset about something, all I need is a hug. And then I'll feel ten times better. (And now I wonder if physical touch might be a more prominent love language...)

if you give me a list of 5 things to do in an hour, I'll do them all; but if you give me the same list to do in a week, I won't do anything. I work better under pressure.

I could drink a chocolate milkshake every day.

I love girly music like Ingrid Michaelson and chick-flicks like Breakfast at Tiffany's.

I like animals, but they don't belong in the house.

I hate sand.

most things in my life are consistent, except prayer.

I need accountability for progress in my faith more than I realize; I just can't do it alone.

if possible, I'd choose to only drink out of coffee mugs for the rest of my life; they fit perfectly in my small hands.

I sometimes wear uncomfortable clothes and uncomfortable shoes, simply because they're cute.

I either wear my heart on my sleeve or build 4 walls around it with snipers at the top. Usually starts with the latter, evolves into the former, and then my heart goes missing. And it takes a really long time to get it back.

little boys terrify me, but everytime I have a dream about my future, all I see is a baby boy.

there is only one person who knows everything about me, and I'm ready to change that.

I love the maternity clothes at Target but have always been too chicken to buy something.

I need someone who balances out my over-planned, non-spontaneous personality.

my idea of the perfect date involves walking hand-in-hand, divulging secrets and talking about God.

I love crossing things off a to-do list; no award or amount of recognition makes me feel more accomplished than this.

I like hanging out with boys better than hanging out with girls. But I still need my time to talk my girlfriends' heads off with my problems and excitements.

I'm scared of snakes, public speaking, getting my heart broken, disappointing God, and giving birth.

I love crappy reality shows like The Real World and Teen Mom.

I want a house with a white picket fence and a porch swing-- in the middle of nowhere.

I'm ready to stop thinking with my head and start following my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment