1.15.2011

But God Says...

Last night, I had the privilege of hearing a message by Christine Caine, world-renowned speaker and leader. It was a life-changing message, one that I will always remember as a milestone in my walk with Christ. She spoke about many things, but one topic that stuck out to me dealt with my train of thought.

We so easily jump on board a train of negativity, eventually leading us to a destination of doubt, self-pity, and an overall feeling of worthlessness. It is crucial to start thinking about what we're thinking about. Evaluate your stream of conciousness. Who is putting these thoughts in your head? Is it God? Or is it the enemy?

So often, the enemy tells us tiny little statements that, overtime, destroy our minds. These thoughts lead us far from Christ, the ultimate direction we should be going in. What can we do with these thoughts? We can confront the enemy with what God says about us.

The world says you're unemployed because you aren't qualified for the job. God says, "Your beginnings will seem humble, so prosperous will your future be." -Job 8:7

The world says you are too young to be a leader. God says, "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers-- in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." -1 Timothy 4:12

The world says the Godly man you've dreamt of won't want to marry you because you're not a virgin. God says, "You are a new creation. The old is gone, the new has come!" -2 Corinthians 5:17

The world says you're not handsome enough or beautiful enough. God says, "I knit you in your mother's womb... You are fearfully and wonderfully made." -Psalm 139:13-14

The world says you need a husband NOW, you need a wife NOW, you need a job NOW, you need a house NOW, you need a car NOW. God says, "I will make everything beautiful in my time." -Ecclesiastes 3:11

The world says you will never be completely satisfied with God. God says, "I forgive you. I am your healer. I have redeemed you. I will crown you. I will satisfy your desires with good things." -Psalm 103:3-5

Replace those evil thoughts with the thoughts of God. With God, you are strong, beautiful, and able to do anything. What God says will always overpower what anyone else says about you!

1 comment:

  1. So true !! Very nicely written. Love the bible verses mentioned. They were perfect. Thank you, Kate !!

    ReplyDelete