11.05.2013

G-Free: Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Boy do I have a delicious FROM SCRATCH treat for you!

This morning, I decided to experiment in the kitchen instead of folding laundry. (Hard choice, I know.)

What resulted was a dozen amaaaazing (from scratch)chocolate chip cookies! Gluten-free too!  And did I mentioned I made them from scratch? I've been slowly but surely cutting out the gluten in my diet. I don't have an allergy, but anyone who eats gluten-free can attest to the newfound energy that comes from eliminating it! One day I hope to be completely gluten-free. Maybe even paleo?? But let's not get ahead of ourselves. :)

So without further ado, I present to you my (from scratch) creation!

Recipe:
2.5 c almond meal (Or almond flour if you don't like the texture. I do!)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 c sugar
1 Tbs vanilla extract (Splurge for the real stuff. It makes a difference!)
1 egg
1 stick butter, melted (I REALLY tried to use coconut oil, but I couldn't get the stupid jar open. Promise! For coconut oil use 1/4 c melted.)
1/2 c semisweet chocolate chips

Stir wet and dry ingredients separately. Then stir together. Add the chocolate chips at the end! Form into little balls of dough, then press flat onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

Voila! Enjoy your FROM SCRACH gluten-free cookies. Heavenly!

No comments:

Post a Comment